Friday, July 20, 2012

Day 20: Book you’ve read the most number of times

I have been trying really hard not to duplicate my answers in this challenge, but it is getting harder and harder. I would have to say that the book I have read the most number of times is probably the same as My Favorite Book from day 1 (A Wrinkle In Time). Leaving that one out though I would also have to say that I have read this book A LOT of times

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte



I LOVED this book the first time I read it. To be honest I have no idea how old I was then but I would guess middle school age. I look back now and I see some problems with the story. I mean what about that wife up in the attic? That is...kinda not cool. But when I was younger I just thought this was THE most romantic book in the world. I have no idea how many times I read through it. I just loved Jane and saw myself as being so much like her. And Mr. Rochester...oh how I loved him. I almost could have used him for yesterday's post  and the marriage post both! :)

I still love this book, though I do not read it as often as I used to. As I said, the older I get the more concerned I become with issues and problems...it kind of ruins some of the appeal for me, as with many of the books of that time. It is hard for me not to put my more modern ideals onto the characters. But nothing will ever make me not love this book! It is for sure a book that can be read again and again.

Don't forget to check out what Karissa reads over and over...

No comments: