Saturday, July 21, 2012

Day 21: Favorite picture book from childhood

So I have been thinking about this post for two days now and I have to admit, some of my favorite picture books I don't really remember if I read them as a child or not! Isn't that weird? I mean I immediately think of things like Corduroy and Where the Wild Things Are, but I don't actually remember reading those books when I was a kid. I remember bigger stories. I mean I am sure I read picture books, and was read picture books, but I just don't remember very many. I think one of the reasons I have always been an advanced reader is that I would read whatever my big sister was reading. 3 1/2 years is quite a leap when it comes to books! But anyway.

There is one book I remember loving from  my childhood. I don't know why this one sticks when so many others obviously don't, but apparently I really liked it!

The Color Kittens by Margaret Wise Brown


Aside from being cute and fun, this book teaches about colors and how you can mix them to make new colors. So...kittens, painting and color lessons? Sounds like a winner to me! Apparently it is, as I somehow managed to remember it!

Karissa remembers THIS

1 comment:

Karissa Sorrell said...

I'm kinda the same way - I don't remember a lot of picture books - but I started reading chapter books in 2nd grade so I guess I didn't read that many picture books. As an adult I love the velveteen rabbit, but I think I remember liking it as a child too. :) I almost did Where the Wild Things Are.

This book reminds me of a lot of books I had as a kid with those little golden cardboard spines! I think my parents had me in some kiddie book club because we had lots of those!