Saturday, July 14, 2012

Day 14: Book whose main character you want to marry

Well my first thought when I saw this post was to say 'Mr. Darcy of course'...but that is not really my answer. Just the one I always hear people say. I never fall for the Mr. Darcy's though.

 It is almost never the actual hero of a piece that gets my vote, or my heart. I always like the 'other' guy. The one who in literature never actually gets the girl (and in real life isn't worth getting fyi).  I had to think quite a bit to decide who I would pick for this challenge. The thing is there are so many characters that I am totally in love with, but when I think about it I would never want to put up with all of their eccentricities and faults. See that is the beauty about a character in a book, if the book is well written you can know them as well as you know yourself. You can see every side of them, good and bad. And while that may be what marriage is like, it is not usually like that before you decide to get married. LOL! So who would I actually be willing to marry/live with? My character choice is from the books

The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher






So this series, which currently has more books than the picture above shows, is one of my favorites! Harry Dresden is a wizard who lives in Chicago and hires himself out as a private eye of sorts. He is far from perfect as he has tons of emotional baggage and is constantly in trouble, but I just sort of love him. He is this totally chivalrous gentleman in a modern world who yet still manages to not to be old fashioned. In fact many of the stories are about him bucking the "old fashioned" world of the wizards. So...he is a Wizard, he is rebellious, he is kind, he lives in Chicago, oh and it doesn't hurt that there was a short lived TV series made in which he was played by this guy who I just think is yummy.



Oh...and don't underestimate the fact that I could say 'yer a wizard Harry' to him whenever I wanted, and it would be true! :)



Karissa's literary husband of choice can be found HERE

1 comment:

KKSorrell said...

I have never read these books or seen the show. I guess I am out of it! :) I am slightly ashamed of my answer . . . so predictable and pop culture, you know? At least you are more creative.