Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 31: Book You're Currently Reading

Today is the last day of the challenge! And the last day of July...where did summer go?! Well my last challenge should be the easiest one, just tell what I am reading. I realized as I went to write it, however, that I am not actively reading anything right now! What? I know!! I have four different books under 'currently reading' in my goodreads account, but I have just not had the chance to sit down and work on any of them in the past few weeks! Also we just got a TON of new books into the library where I work so there are a lot of things that I am actually more interested in reading than those I have started! But, still I guess it is fair to say I am currently reading:

1984 by George Orwell


This book is a re-read for me. I recently moved into a new house and when I was re-organizing my books (one of my first priorities!) I came across this and just wanted to read it again. I have to admit, though, that it has been really slow going. I remember the book being more exciting. My guess is that due to the plethora of YA dystopian literature I have been reading I have become more accustomed to a faster pace. It is still an excellent book and I am glad to read it again.

Nicholas by Rene Goscinny


One of my student workers (Delaina) and I like to read to each other whenever we have down time at the library. She chose this book about a little boy named...you guessed it, Nicholas. This was a totally random pick as she literally just went to the shelf and grabbed a book, but it has been cute. It is just a little boy telling about his life. So far it does not seem to have any particular plot aside from that. It is fun as it is told in the point of view of a child, but we have found it to be quite hard to read aloud. We assume this is because it was originally a french book and the translation is less than smooth. We only have a month left before she is no longer working with me :( so we need to get some reading in on this one!


Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith



I admit it, I heard about the movie and then went and bought the book. To be honest I have not read the book or seen the movie. I am through the introduction to the book (or maybe it is the first chapter) and I am already totally bored. I have heard that it is a story within a story and the inside story is the good part. If this is true then I suppose I need to keep reading to get to that other story. I am not feeling very motivated to do it anytime soon, though. There are so many other books that I truly want to read so this one will probably take a back burner for awhile.


Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen


This is another one I am not really feeling right now. I started it one afternoon when I was waiting on my nephew to get out of school. I had forgotten the book I was currently reading but I had my ipad with me on which I had downloaded some free books. This is one of them. I read this book many years ago but I must admit I do not have any particular memories of liking or disliking it, so I decided I should give it another go. I have read four, maybe five chapters and I don't hate it or love it. This book is not a priority for me at the present time either.

So basically I need to start a new book! LOL! Some on my radar for reading soon include:

Partials by Dan Wells
The Handmaiden's Tale by Margaret Atwood
Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Wither by Lauren Destefano
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
BossyPants by Tina Fey


Check out Karissa's current read here



P.S. and OBVIOUSLY
The Devil wears Nada by Tripp York





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And just where is 'The Devil Wears Nada' on this list?!

=)

TY

KarlaJean77 said...

oooh good point. I can use that for my nonfiction! :)