Friday, May 3, 2019

Improving your vision can be a transition....or part 2 of my vision board

So i just have to say, I am SO frustrated that I cannot figure out how to get this background off my blog. I have changed the background to this thing TONS of times. The buttons I usually push (and that the help key is still telling me to push) are literally just not there anymore. So sorry about the background issues. Basically, I don't want to talk about it...lol.

I have been thinking about how I sort of jokingly used my real life vision issues as a title for my first blog about my vision board and it occurred to me that...it really works. For example...I am getting old and the glasses I have now are (shhhh) transition glasses. What does this mean? It means they are bifocals. Yes, I know. Old. BUT no one can tell they are bifocals yet except me b/c you cannot see the line from the top prescription and the bottom prescription. It is a transition from regular glasses to bifocals. To make it easier. It has been pretty great. Except every once in a while I will be going on my merry way -  learning to see the world in this new awesome way and suddenly I will turn to just the right (or wrong I guess) angle and look down at the ground and it is like the world is turned freaking UPSIDE DOWN on me. I am knocked over by a wave of dizziness and confusion and WOAH. That is quite a transition. That line between the old world and the new world can be a doozie...

It is kind of that way when you are trying to have a new "vision" for your life too I think. I mean it is easy to pick some words or pictures of what I want things to look like - and then you go out and you focus on those things and life looks new and beautiful and shiny. And then work and health and money and love and stress and life hits you at JUST the wrong angle....and knocks you flat on your ass. Transition isn't as easy as vision boards make it look. I just wanted to say that before I finish up telling you about my awesome words. I definitely know the truth of that and have already been facing it in the weeks since we made our boards. Which isn't to say I have given up on any part of my board or my vision  - I am just being real. In fact...that is one of my words so...let's get to it...

Vision Board Part II

Yes I definitely am posting the picture again so I can 
remember what I need to talk about....lol

Authentic Life: as I just talked about above - something that is SOOOO important to me is to live an authentic life. I feel like our world is filled with false ideals and that we are pushed to be InstaPerfect. I have no interest in that kind of life. I am who I am. I have SO many flaws. I do not want to hide them. I want to work on them sure but I don't want to pretend they do not exist. I also believe in a lot of things. Some of them are things that not everyone agrees with. Not even everyone I love. That can be REALLY hard. I do not like upsetting people that I love. I try not to. BUT being true to who I am and what I believe and support has become of UTMOST importance in my life. I will not pretend to be someone I am not. Not to impress someone, not to keep from hurting someones feelings and not to keep the peace. Not anymore. I did that for a long time. It is not living an authentic life. 

BE Healthier: this one is huge for me. I was very intentional about choosing these words and making the BE large and noticeable. A large part of me wanted to put GET skinnier. That is not my true vision for myself though, not in the long term. I would love to get skinnier. But what I NEED is to BE a healthier person. I need to BE mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually healthy. I need to be healthy about my choices. I need to be healthy every day. I don't feel good - many days. This month is Fibromyalgia Awareness month. I am also struggling with my health right now...a lot. I have several doctor's appointments coming up. But that is the thing. That IS being healthy. That is paying attention to my body and giving it what it needs. I can still be sick and BE healthy. It is not easy. I am even wondering to myself as I type this - do I really believe that is possible? But it is my vision...to BE healthy regardless of what happens. Would I love to get skinny and feel better in the meantime?Absolutely. But they are secondary. 

Smart is Beautiful: This is just a reminder to myself that I am never going to be what our society calls beautiful. I dont' agree with what our society calls beautiful though! It is so narrow and way too limiting. So many other things are beautiful too. Like smart people. 

Grow: Sometimes I am tempted to stay in my safe places. I like them. I have taken time on them and they are good. There is nothing wrong with having safe places but I need reminders to leave my safe places and grow. To see what and who and where there might be new good things to see and meet and experience.

Travel: I don't know what I can say here except that I am a gypsy at heart. If I had the money I would travel all the time. Or at least most of the time. I adored being on the road in the RV. I love flying in airplanes. I literally DREAM of cruising on a boat. Trains are a favorite since childhood. I have never had a car that hasn't gone over 200,000 miles. Whenever I have extra money I want to first think to give to others and then think to travel

Play: We all need to remember to take time to play sometimes. I tend to get so tired with work and the things I have to do in life that when I have extra time I only want to rest. Rest is SO important, but sometimes it is worth taking the time to just play and have fun. It renews you in a way that sleep never can.

Love my Wrinkles: Listen, I know that wrinkles aren't the best. I put on moisturizer every morning and an eye cream besides and strain my eyes trying to make sure there aren't new wrinkles there. BUT the truth is...I don't want to be like that. I have earned those wrinkles. I am 42 years old. I am not ashamed of my age. I don't want to be 22 years old anymore. UGH!!! I made it through that hell thank you very much. LOL. My vision for myself is of a woman who is who she is, and is comfortable with that. I am not saying I will never wear make-up again, but I am saying that I am going to try to use a few less filters on my pictures. It is okay if people see how old I really look. I really AM that old. And it really is okay b/c I really do love myself, wrinkles and all.

Others: There are some other things on the board. Some are unfinished, some I cannot quite read from the picture (the board is not currently with me). I know there is a picture of a person holding more books than he can handle - my dream boy! There is also a lovely reading nook - something I would love to create in my home, not exactly like that but still...There is a tiger - which was an impulse add - tigers are not a spirit animal or anything like that, but cats in general are, I love all cats and there is also a smaller cat pictured b/c I want/need a cat in my life. There are flowers just b/c I love the beauty of nature. There is a K b/c I love my name. There is the word 'mindful' but I wanted something more to go with it so that is not quite finished. There is a picture of an airplane near the travel word. There is a rose stem with lips for the rose b/c I am feeling very amorous these days - what they say about your 40's is true ladies! There is a quote that says something like 'Play the hero in your own story' which I love. There is a large 'Be Amazing' which just seems like good advice for us all. There is a typewriter that says Become a Famous Writer - I don't really want to be a famous writer but I do want to keep writing b/c I love doing it and it makes me feel good when I do. Likewise there is a camera pictured b/c I adore taking pictures even though the older I get the less steady my hands are and so the less good my photos are. There are berries and a bicycle pictured as they seemed to be good ways to achieve being more healthy. There is a phrase "Bless the Arts" which just sums up how I feel about the arts and the part they play in my life/vision for my life in general. And also...there is SPACE. There is a lot of space for me to have new ideas and new visions for myself. I hope I never stop developing my vision for me. I like the open space...I think I need it.

No comments: