Friday, November 30, 2018

My "Person"


So 41 years ago today that beautiful lady above was born. Some 20 years ago I was lucky enough to meet her and befriend her and she became my person. My go-to. My BFF. My first phone call. My roomie occasionally. My travel buddy. My life partner. My person. I am so lucky.

Jennifer is kind and big-hearted and intelligent. She spends her days teaching children - not just any children, children who don't speak English as their first language and sometimes who don't speak English at all! She is patient and loving and very good at her job. She amazes me and I am so glad for her and others like her who do this important work!

Jen is also a jewelry lady and she is so stylish! She seriously ALWAYS looks cute! But more than that she really cares about her customers and her co-jewelers (I know, I was one for awhile). She has a heart to really reach out to people - not just to sell stuff to them but to get to know them, to have relationships with them and to make their lives better however she can.

When people meet Jen they always remark that she is shy and quiet. HA! Once you get to know her you will realize that Jen is quite adventurous and tenacious. Many things from our 20 year friendship that I get credit and/or blame for....all Jen! :) She sees things she wants and never hesitates - she just goes for it with total abandon and enthusiasm. Some of the best times of my life are due to that nature and tendency. She really brings to life the saying 'watch out for the quiet ones', but only in the best way! 

No one is a better cheer-leader or supporter than Jennifer. She supports her loved ones with that same tenacity that she approaches life with. This is true for bands she loves, sports teams she supports, friends who are facing challenges, family that might be far away physically, it doesn't matter...she is always there with a pom-pom (usually figuratively but not necessarily always) and a prayer. 

Happy Birthday Jennifer Griffin Miller. I am so glad you are my person. The world is a better place because you were born! I cannot imagine my life without you and I look forward to more years of crazy fun and friendship with you! 




No comments: