Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Patience Not Really MY Virtue

So things in my life are, once again, kind of upside down. I had made peace with the idea of living in Manchester and working part time and/or from home to stay with my Dad. There were pros and cons to this plan obviously but I was ready to go with it. However, after talking with my Dad we have both decided that is not the best thing for either of us. My Dad feels he needs some space and time alone to deal with Mom's death, and I am excited to move back to the city and to a more active life.

For that to happen, though, I need a few things I got rid of. Like...oh a job. And a home. Hahahaha. So...I am in the process of applying for jobs. It feels like that is all I do. Sit at home and read about jobs all day - save the ones that fit my criteria, then apply and wait. So the waiting part...I am not doing so well with. I have to be honest and say that I didn't think it would really be that hard to find a job. My only real criteria is that I am qualified and I make enough money to support myself. But...it is still not easy. I have had almost no response at all. And really it hasn't been that long but now that I have decided to move on, I want to get on with it. So...trying to learn patience.

Also trying to figure out what it is I really want to do. I loved being a librarian so I have applied to several libraries. Getting one of those jobs would mean moving though...like out of State. I am not opposed to that idea really, in some ways it excites me. I have been in TN since 9th grade which was a VERY long time ago. On the other hand, I have an amazing group of friends here that I would hate to leave, to say nothing of my whole family being here now. I have also looked at some jobs related to the education field, both in Nashville and elsewhere. Most of the things here in Nashville, though, are just administrative positions. There just isn't much else.

Everyone keeps asking what I REALLY want to do. The truth is, I don't know. I am not feeling any huge passion for anything right now. I kind of just want to find a job so I can start doing something new and maybe start to find some passion again. I really want to be writing but I haven't been...at all. I don't feel very creative right now. I am getting there. The podcast has been so much fun and I am reading more because of it. I went to the SEYA book fest and was inspired, as always, by amazing YA authors and their stories. So maybe I can get back to it. Maybe that needs to be my real focus. But I still have to find a job...

So nothing really to report yet. Hopefully soon I will have some news about a job. After that I will look for a place to live, and then who knows what will come next. If I can make it through this whole "have patience" phase......sigh


No comments: