Saturday, July 7, 2012

Day 7: Book that you can quote/recite

This is the easiest choice I have had yet. There are many books that I have read often enough to quote them, but the  one that I can (after YEARS) recite almost perfectly is one that my mom used to read to me as a child. It is

The Sneetches (and other stories) by Dr. Seuss


We read this book so many times I cannot even tell you. There are actually several stories in this book and we (myself, my sister and my brother) could probably sit down and tell you all of them with very near accuracy. The one we loved (and know) the BEST though is called What Was I Scared Of?


This is the story of a pair of pale green pants....with nobody inside them!

Does it get any better than that? Oh yeah it does because this is a Dr. Seuss book which means it has a moral (don't be afraid of others just because they are different than you) and awesome illustrations, tongue twisters...all of it! I love this book and try to give it to/read it to as many children as possible because I never want the tradition of reading/knowing this book to die!

No comments: