Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day 3: Book that makes you laugh

So this is my 3rd entry of the book challenge and so far I have started each one complaining about how hard this is...and it IS! Today's challenge is a book that makes you laugh. Well LOTS of books make me laugh. And I have read LOTS of books. And I am old so my memory is not what it used to be. So I will try to henceforth spend less time complaining and more time talking about books. My choice today is:

Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery



These books are about a red-head, so of course they already get points from me! I love red-headed heroines. Especially awkward redheads who say whatever comes to their mind. Kinda reminds me of someone...he he. I LOVE this redhead in particular though. She has so much heart and her adventures just make me...laugh. They also have been known to make me cry but today we are focusing on the laughing! :)

When I was in high school I was part of forensics and I did a dramatic reading from Anne of Green Gables. I will never forget reading aloud in her very dramatic character..."I am in the depths of despair!" and then popping up to add "have you ever been in the depths of despair?" and just chattering on and on as if a second before she had not been...well despairing. She is what makes us laugh about children, and I love that her character maintains that even into adulthood. Anne of Green Gables will always be one of my favorites and a big reason is the way she makes me laugh!


See what makes my friend Karissa laugh HERE

1 comment:

KKSorrell said...

I love it! This was a great choice! I need to read it to Madeleine. I think I took this one too seriously because I was actually trying to think of like a funny nonfiction book, but lots of books I've read have funny parts. :)