Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 29: Favorite sci-fi book

So I am finally caught up! This is actually the challenge that is made for THIS day, and it is a HARD one. I love Sci-Fi so choosing just one (and one I have not already mentioned) is no easy task. I decided to go with a book that is both YA and SciFi and that many people will recognize.

Enders Game by Orson Scott Card


I read this book for the first time about 4 years ago and could not believe I had missed it before that! These days YA stories that have an element of either dystopian or sci fi in them are a dime a dozen (THANK YOU Harry Potter and Hunger Games). I don't say that in a bad way, I love it as those are my favorite genres of books. This book, however, came before all of that.

This is the story of a little boy who always felt like an outcast. A child who was exceptionally intelligent but also who has his own issues to deal with. Ender is chosen to be a part of a special group of children to attend battle school, and to basically train to fight in the war their people are having with an alien race. I will give nothing away about this story except to say that nothing is at it seems, least of all Ender himself.

If you have not read this book...shame on you. It's okay, though, I missed it the first time around too. It is so worth you time to check out though! I love Ender and this story has everything I need for a good sci fi story. It is creepy and heartbreaking and beautiful and amazing and full of surprises!

1 comment:

KKSorrell said...

So I guess you saw I put this one as my honorable mention! Love it! I like Ender's Shadow, too.