Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 16: Longest book you’ve read

So I gotta be honest and tell you I had no idea what the answer to this challenge was. I spent about 20 minutes on google trying to find word counts for some of the longer books I have read. I would like to tell you I read War and Peace just for the heck of it, but I haven't. Some people on google suggested that if you count whole series as one book then things like Harry Potter would be in contention, but that seems like cheating to me. So, as far as I can figure anyway, the longest book I have read is

Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell


I actually read this book before I ever sat through the movie. I loved them both! Scarlett is whiny and not very nice and as much as I should be annoyed by her, I love her. Rhett is a bad boy to the bone, with a bit of a heart...oh be still MY heart! :) I am not sure I ever plan on tackling this very long book (418,053 words if you wanted to know) again but I am glad to have it in my list of books I read. (Now I guess I should turn to War and Peace huh?...)

Is Karissa's longest book the same as mine? Find out HERE

No comments: