Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Day 8: Childhood

July 8: Your favorite childhood memory

Wow. I have a lot of great childhood memories. This weekend I filled out a guest survey for my parents 40th anniversary party and it asked for my favorite memory with them as well. I chose then, and now, all of the traveling we did during my childhood.

I love to travel! It is one of my great joys in life. Seeing someplace new, or even going back to a place to discover new things is such an amazing adventure. It makes me so sad for people when I hear they have never been out of the state in which they were born. Oh my!! The world is so big and so full of wonderful things! I am blessed my parents showed me that from an early age.

I remember driving across country (whichever one we happened to live in). I remember sleeping in the car on the side of the road. I remember nights in hotel rooms when we were supposed to be sleeping but would all just get the giggles and stay awake laughing together. I remember experiencing incredible things like looking at the jewels of queens and princesses in Europe or walking through amazing forests in my own town (wherever that happened to be at the time!).

My life is so much fuller and richer because of all of things and places I have gone. I am so grateful for that history and hope I can continue to add to it!